Monday, January 17, 2011

The Book




In my mind
I write a book

in a language pre-Mesopotamia
in a language
post apocalyptic

but the context
all twentieth century fox

The stars-Gates, Einstein, Ford & bell

I paddle still waters
before Plato weaned a thought

I lie upon empty shores
long after the last bomb has fallen
and the red has run deep to the earth


and I know
yes, I know

that the beginning
and end
must be tied, in the middle



DETONATOR!

the last equation
must be solved
the last thought
-provoked

and then, quiet
as before


but first
and now

i write a book
in my mind


I call it
Noise

an epic
fer sure

1 comment:

ShoeBox said...

I just keep landing on the words to the right, as if they stand alone. I like them there, wearing their sizes like Easter outfits.

"I write a book
the context all twentieth century fox
and I know
yes, I know

DETONATOR!

and then quiet
as before
i write a book
in my mind
an epic
fer sure"

The left is good too. The whole is good. It's just...there's a whisper over there on the right. You always gotta listen to the whispers, and the whisperers. It's anything but noise.