Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Februrary




The flakes twist down
In mesmerizing swirls
Shattering the day
Cutting my soul to ribbons
In samurai flash

The bitter winds
Blaze my eyes forging
Tears that streak my face
Like a desert rattler
with cold black eyes

I lower my head
To ease the pain
Shivering
My way forward
On legs unstable

I wish to find a fire
A good brandy
A pain to to observe through
minus the sting
Of the raging howl

But shelter
Is as distant as July
And the only comfort
A dark road ahead

there is no life here
No sun nor bloom
nor robins,
their song
A harbinger of hope

Only the storm

And this is just my heart
You oughta see the weather!

5 comments:

Marion said...

Great write, LW. You got to me with that last line. It's another icy, dreary day here, too. Spring will come, hopefully for your heart, too. xoxx

She Writes said...

Ah, the last line got me. Didn't see it coming, but it totally worked.

Nevine said...

Weather turns us into beauties or beasts. I can't quite understand why... But those storms in our hearts so often turn to light. The snow melts... and the sun shines...

Nevine

Dalaa Ba'cho said...

Thanks Marion-you inspired it with your feb post
Amy-yeah, nuff bout the weather
Nev-still waitin on that sunshine but yes, it will come
LW

ShoeBox said...

If only
there was brandy enough...

though in such a storm
as the heart's full winter
even hooch
cannot fire