Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Age







age is funny
Robbins writes in Jitterbug Perfume that there are only two ages
dead or alive
not sure about that
there was a time I thought of places
now I think of ways
I long for the ignorance of my youth
and I despise and rebel against the so-called wisdom
longer nose hairs have brought me
I made more mistakes then
I make bigger ones now
sin was as foreign as a yen in an Omaha jukebox
now it paves my thoughts and erects guardrails
NO PASSING!! DETOUR!!!DOUBLE FINES AHEAD!!!
BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!
I look at my children and think,
why do they fret so?
why do they not run! leap! climb! love!
they should before they know too much
I should
because the sands grow as thin as mayflies in December
I find myself now a sixteen-year old punk
in an eighty-year old conscience
a chicken dance at an Eminem concert
James Bond in Ernest Borgnines body
and Pussy Galore ain't buyin it
if there truly is only two ages
dead or alive
is there a purgatory?
for the love of God Sister Margaret!
burn me some candles and buy my ass out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post says so very much... So perfectly your brain in motion! Damn it... I think we share the same current. (Except for the photo). LOL! Differences aside, I get it.