Thursday, July 28, 2011

Amy




Amy Amy Amy
where's my moral parallel

hey! didja hear the one about amy and the...
oh, ya heard that one
how bout when Lettterman said...oh
ok, then when Leno said she was...

well, anyway, didja see her in that pic?
where she was runnin down the street, bawling,
in just her underwaer on Sunday morning?
wow! yeah, wasn't that a hoot?

she looked a lot better, hot as hell actually,
before the drugs rotted her teeth
and made her skeletal

shit, i heard in the Ukraine,
she was staggering and couldn't even
remember her own words.
lucky they didn't kill her!

amyamyamy
where's my moral parallel

hey! didja hear amy died?
yeah, sad as shit
only 27
-27 forever

i loved her
oh yeah, i was always on her side
too bad no one could help her

these things happen, man,
but at least she'll be a star forever

i saw her once,
God, was she good!
she autographed my underwear!

hey! didja hear the one about lindsay...
oh, you heard that one
yeah, what a total whack-job!

amyamyamy
where's my moral parallel?

we oughta be ashamed
cept we're too busy laughing

(yes, Amy's true lyrics read morale-not moral. But i don't think she minds)

3 comments:

ShoeBox said...

I love that song. Hot as hell!

I really am going to miss her stuff. It was always a surprise. As is yours...

I think maybe you missed your calling. You shoulda had a radio talk show, one in which they can't muzzle you...meaning you'd have to own the station, meaning you'd have to be rich, meaning...well, the show just wouldn't be the same.

Ruth said...

I'm still in shock, though her life had already been rough.

You've been writing a lot, and I've been missing a lot. Not a happy combination for me, but I'm glad for you. I'd like to keep up now.

Lil Coyote said...

shoebox-bad idea, you, and you know it! need a filter for that
Ruth-thank you, but it's ok. I'm glad when you come by but don't ever let it become a burden. I can't keep up either.
Rick