Monday, June 27, 2011

Smoke Along The Tracks







when springtime comes
in early blossom
and the snow salutes the rain
i will see you there in bluebirds calling
far beyond my pain

when yesterday, returns to find you
and the touch you knew, comes drifting back
look for me in twilight shadows
just there, along the tracks

that ol smoke goes on forever
like a song that never ends
we were lovers once, or so we thought
a blinding comet through the black
til lost we got, and lost each other
still here i'll be, should you look back

when yesterday, returns to find you
if you're there,
remembering
I'll be here, just where you left me
remembering too, in summer's twilight
in that smoke along the tracks

oh little lost one, when will you find me?
my scarlet jewel, where could you be?
are you there, in summer thunder?
or autumn's wither, a trembling leave?
when winter's frost, bestills the silence
know for us, yet still i grieve

if yesterday, returns to find you
will you still remember me?
I'll be here, just where you left me
i'll be here, remembering
i'll be here, in moonlight's gleaning
in that ol smoke, along the tracks

1 comment:

ShoeBox said...

Oh I think little lost ones remember far better than those who consider themselves found. Our eyes are continually open, scanning for smoke. I love the image so much. I looked for things,(subliminal ghosts), found them, called them out and they came. We're having lunch tomorrow :)

I'll be back to read the rest. You'll at least wait 'til I finish. That is a statement, not a question.